Skip to main content

Church Farm Swimming Pool, East Barnet


Score: ۞۞۞۞۞

Now here's an odd place. An 18 x 9 metre pool in a purpose built dome.

was worried about how long it would take me work out a mile in multiples of 18 metres but was saved the mental arithmetic thanks to a sign on the wall. In case you hadn't worked it out already, that's 88 lengths.

Anyhow, it's air raid shelter appearance was saved by it's cleanliness and lovely warm, clean water. The photo is of the entrance, the pool is round the back, I forgot my camera.

Managed most of my 88 lengths before the oldies and lane ropes arrived. The fast lane was a bit like heaven on a Sunday.

I'm sure it's great for kids during the day and it's their personal oasis, but I can't imagine ever swimming here again.



  • Church Hill Road
    Barnet EN4 8XE