Skip to main content

David Lloyd, Finchley


Score: ۞۞۞۞۞ (for the pool, the centre gets a lot more)

Well, well, well. How the other half swim. A lovely heated outdoor pool on my doorstep on the site of my favourite childhood pool. This place really is quite amazing.

Managed to blag myself a swim after a thinly veiled membership interview.

Swam 64 lengths but felt compelled to do lap of honour after lap of honour. Swam a mind goggling 100 lengths. Just me and one other swimmer. Pool was a clear and stunning 28 degrees. No lifeguard. Oh the luxury.

Felt obliged to swim two lengths of the indoor pool and have a jacuzzi. Was there for over two hours.

Absolute luxury. All mine if I had £90 a month to splash out. Off peak luxury is £75.

Did I mention that this place is luxury? This place is definitely not for me. Will looks at ways of justifying the membership fees.