Skip to main content

Prince of Wales

Monday night immersion.

I find the Willes pool a very secretive place. Firstly, you don't get to see or smell the pool until you have opened and entered through a huge wooden door. This means you never know how busy the place is. Secondly it's unerringly quiet. No sound or laughter or children playing. Odd. Thinks this place takes itself a bit too seriously.

Anyway. Menacingly cold Monday night. I opened the aforesaid door to the Aqua City. Five lanes, five swimmers. It took a while to work out which one to join. Decisions, decisions. Never really felt comfortable in any of them this evening. I think I swam in all five lanes in the end.

Water nearly took my breath away, well cold. Now what's the point in spending all that money and not heating up the water?