Skip to main content

Oasis Sports Centre

Sunday morning found me cycling from Clapham Common to the north. Thought I'd dip in to the Oasis on the way home.

Pool was pretty empty. After a very brisk start a Mr. Tarzan decided he needed more space in the pool than I was giving him. Managed to break my own World record for 40 lengths of the outdoor pool. Actually, I lost count about halfway through but the Poolside Percy swimming committee reckoned the record still stood - somewher between 20 and 22 minutes if you're interested. Still a lot faster than three years ago. Yawn.

Outdoor pool got mobbed with outdoor swimmers on a Sunday in central London types so I headed of to the indoor pool for the last 10 lengths. Very warm but chilled.

Cycled the last few miles home and watched Harry Potter 6 on DVD before heading out to watch Deathly Hallows part 1 with Wendybird.

Photo is of Oasis 14 July 1969