Skip to main content

Piscina Municipal En Castelldefels


Saturday swim whilst most of the locals were having a siesta.

Asked for a swim in Spanish at the reception and handed over more than enough to be on the safe side. Headed straight in to the men's changing room, no messing about this time.

Pool was empty bar one swimmer. Decided to take the athletes lane in the middle, if any athletes turned up I could always change lanes. Already decided this was gonna be a big swim, I was aiming for 80 lengths, that's two kilometres. Sinorita in lane dos bailed out after 19 (of my) lengths. I piled on relentlessly. The socorista sat on one of the diving podiums and dangled her toes in the water. It's kinda reassuring to have someone watch over you in an empty pool. I managed an 'ola' and a smile somewhere along the way. The Solidad de Nadador de Larga Distancia was hardly interrupted at length 56 by one of the locals. I swam on to my goal of 88 lengths and did four more to warm down.

Found a really quick way of getting back to my apartment where I indulged in baguettes, with brie and salad.