Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido

Parliament Hill Lido
Water temperature: 18 degrees

After a hot and sweaty day at home I cycled off for late swim at the Lido. Popped in to LA Sports on Highgate Road to buy a new pair of Zoggs. Still can't find my season ticket, can't be bothered with the hassle of getting a new one. Staff are very relaxed about such things.

Anyway, big black clouds revealed the odd patch of blue, but probably not enough to patch that sailorman's trousers. Started to rain as I was getting changed. One way or another, I was going to get wet.

Water reheated itself to a very balmy 18 degrees. As soon as I was in I knew I was going to swim a mile today. Sun came out after about 40 minutes, even had the pleasure of a rainbow. This was turning in to a stunning swim.

Pool slowly emptied out. By 6:20 is was just me and one other swimmer, I felt like offering him money to get out so I could have the place to myself. He must have read my mind, 10 whole luxurious minutes of the pool to myself. I owe you one mate. doing a 360 degree turn underwater in an empty 60m x 27m steel lined pool in the sunshine is a pretty surreal experience.

Ended up swimming 32 lengths. Best swim ever.

Found my season ticket.


I selected this post to be featured on my blog’s page at Swimming Blogs