Skip to main content

Runnymede-On-Thames

I'm at a wedding with GF. A Thameside wedding. The bride looks stunning and the groom is very calm. I'm extremely happy for the pair of them. I'm dressed to the nines in my blue suit with the pink pinstripe. I think I drank a little too much champagne earlier and I'm feeling adventurous and a bit naughty.

Runnymede has something to do with the Magna Carta. 'Where was the Magna Carta signed?' a fellow guest asks. 'At the bottom' I reply.  

It's time for a tour of the grounds of the hotel. First stop is the outdoor pool. Unfortunately it's being prepared for the the summer opening. Looks like fun tho'.




Next item on the agenda is a stroll down to the river. We're right by a lock, I've promised myself a swim there tomorrow morning.*


Next stop is the hotel spa. Our request for a look around is granted by the ever so friendly receptionist. The swimming pool is lovely.


GF takes one look at me and sees the mischievous glint in my eye, it's time for a wedding day dip. Before you can say 'I do', I'm stripped to my boxershorts and breaststroking up and down the pool. After a luxurious five minutes I'm politely hauled out by the manager on the grounds that swimming drunk in an unsupervised pool is not in my best interests. I smile in agreement as he hands me a plastic bag in which to place my wet pants.

*didn't happen.