Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Fields Lido

Block of Icicles
Water temp: 9 degrees

It's Friday morning folks. I peer out of the steamed-up window of my warm and toasty cottage in to the dark and misty gloom. Yep, trip to the lido I reckon. I ignore the will I, won't I argument that ensues relentlessly in my head, it's gonna be worth it.

I bump in to this block of Icicles on an outing from Brockwell Lido. I take their photo.

OK, water's cold but we've been in this situation before, my brain has it all worked out, we have a strategy, I hope. I swim a couple of lengths, well, I did a bit of wading, that's my brain's way of dealing with it. I take control of the situation and decide to do widths instead, that way I won't be tempted to put my feet on the floor. That works, I swim a few widths before scurrying off for an incredibly hot shower. 

By the time I'm changed the Icicles are just getting out of the pool. Hardcore. Respect.