Skip to main content

Willesden Sports Centre

Score: ۞۞۞۞۞

The bendy plastic tube of fate found me buying guttering at Wickes in Cricklewood on a Monday night. Closest pool, Willesden Sports Centre.

Well, by my reckoning I haven't swam indoors since 5 April 2011
It's back to changing villages, tiny cubicles with soaking wet floors, health zones and hair dryers. Willesden Sports Centre is a bland, faceless place devoid of anything remarkable other than the place is so unremarkable. I think Wickes had more character. At least the pool was warm (would have preferred Lido cold at this point) and it wasn't too busy. Kids pool looked nice and warm and I bet the Brent Dolphins have a whale of a time here.


Swam 64 + 6 lengths.  

Fact. I used to work in Cricklewood back in the eighties.  
Fear. Darling, let's move to Willesden.