Skip to main content

London Fields Lido

London Fields Lido
How cold is it today? The steamy yet chilly hand of fate found me on Holloway Road so it seemed rude not to cycle a little further east and head for London Fields Lido. Went passed the Emirates Stadium just as Arsenal scored which was a bit surreal. I won't go in to my feelings about the gooners.

Anyway, got to the pool. Realised I'd left my bike lock at home, however the lovely girl on reception let me park it in the first aid room.

Very quick dash from the changing rooms to the pool, entered by the kids/disabled ramp, very gallant. Pretty quiet in the water, not surprising as the air temperature was about fifty degrees below. Overheard two guys discussing not twisting your hips too much to avoid aquadrag (is that a made up word, my spellchecker reckons so, but there again my spellchecker thinks 'spellchecker' is a dodgy word).  Whatever, first length went well, very stiff arms and legs today, managed 32 lengths in the very steamy pool.

I'm glad I managed to venture a bit further afield today.

Cycled back to east Finchley via a cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel and up parkland walk from Finsbury Park to Highgate.

Photo: dalstonpeople