Skip to main content

Prince of Wales Baths (Kentish Town Sports Centre)

The site before the baths were built, before 1894
Sunday morning/afternoon swim.

Beautiful sunny day in north London. This particular Sunday found me recovering from a big red wine, vodka, fish and chips binge.What better way to sort oneself out than imbibing ones bloated and battered self in the cool and invigorating waters of Kentish Town.

The midday light streamed through the glass roof and hit the pool at the deep end. Stunning.

Didn't even think about swimming in the middle lane, jumped (slid) in to the medium lane, swam a half decent mile. Had a lot of trouble counting lengths today.

Today is the anniversary of my Dad's death. He could do a swallow dive. Planted tulips on his grave at St Pancras Cemetery.


I'd quite fancied going to Marshall Street today but Prince of Wales is very convenient from my gf's house and it's virtually free with vouchers from The Big Splash - I guess it was probably more appropriate to swim here today as my Dad used to take my sisters and I swimming here when we were kids.