Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido


Water temperature: 19 degrees

Bank holiday last swim, left it late. Overcast, could rain, sun could shine, maybe both, English summer.

Water felt cold, I'm still not reacclimatised, please warm up again. Set myself a target of 20 lengths, struggled through the first four or five but I soon got a rhythm going. Thoughts of next weekend's duathlon, looming and daunting. Around length 15 or 16 with about 15 minutes till kicking out time I decided to go for the Big One, that's 27 lengths, an aquatic mile. I finished length 28 as the whistle blew.

Bumped in to a colleague from work on the way out, he's a swimming nut, was here for the evening session.  I recommended The Lido to him a few weeks ago. He's very Mediterranean, I wonder how he got on with the English waters?