Skip to main content

Merchant Taylors' School

If

Sunday morning triathlon sprint with Pete and Marcus

First leg is 750m wetsuit swim in the beautiful tree-lined lake next to the school. I assume that the school 'owns' the lake. I manage to complete this leg of the race in 15 minutes so I'm a little bit chuffed if not out of puff.  

I still can't get my head around swimming in lakes with goggles on, I have a phobia, there probably isn't medical term for it yet. I know why it is, I may write about it one day, 'Potamophobia' is the fear of rivers or running water, 'Hydrophobia' is the fear of water or of rabies and fire hydrants (one of these is a lie). I'm not aquaphobic. 'Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia' is the fear of long words which is plainly taking the piss (urophobia). I do however suffer from 'algophobia' which is a made-up name for a total revulsion of seaweed.

My times?

  • swim (750m): 15:29
  • cycle (20K): 45:30
  • run (5K): 22:28