Skip to main content

River Ouse, Barcombe Mills

Water temperature: pretty chilly

Family day out in Sussex. Led by the intrepid uncle Fran, DW, DD(AST) and yours truly braved the chilly waters of the River Ouse near Barcombe Mills

Now, if I was Roger Deakin I would paint a picture in your mind with descriptions of wildlife and ecology. Since I was born in Kentish Town I'll let you know it was cold and full of nature. Managed a bit of crawl, mostly breaststroke, you need to see where you're swimming in the wild.

We swam against the tide for about 700m. Really lovely thing to do on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks Mr Davies.

Drove back to Lewes for a double helping of roast dinner followed by two portions of Harry Potter.


View Barcombe Mills in a larger map

I'm not dead yet and I haven't got a stomach ache so all is well.