Skip to main content

London Fields Lido

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous day in London.

Lots of people sunbathing in the park, the Lido is busy but not as rammed as I thought it might be. New goggles today, I took my old Speedos back to the shop as the tint had worn off, they changed them, no questions asked. The last time I was here it was minus freezing, it must be be nearly 20 degrees today.

No heroics today, I've spent much too much time on my bike and in the park keeping fit. I decide the best way forward is with a dive. I'm rubbish at diving, I manage a half decent/half rubbish dive which sends my goggles skewiff. Twenty lengths is more than enough, these are long, long, 50m lengths... 

Enjoyed my visit to Hackney today.

Cycle to Swiss Cottage to pick up DW, then to Victoria and home to East Finchley. Happy days.