Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido



Water temp: 14 degrees

Yep, back for more Lidoness. It's not that I'm unhappy working from home on a Friday morning in my lovely warm cottage, radio on, freezer full of crumpets, more Marmite than you could spread thinly from here to Mars. No, I have compulsions that mean I have to leave the homeliness and cycle over the biggest hill in London then throw myself in to a freezing cold pool of chlorinated water. Great innit.

Hardly a soul at The Lido, more swimmers than wetsuiters. Set myself a target of ten, really did 12 cos' I wanted to race a geezer in his rubber gear and flash goggles, you didn't stand a chance, I don't normally do that kind of thing, well sometimes.

Ordered some new Aqua Sphere Tinted Vista Goggles as mine keep leaking and steaming up.