Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido

Water temp: 13 degrees

Thursday morning pre-work swim. Well cold this morning when I left the house, even considered wearing gloves on me bike. Picked up new goggles from sorting office, aquasphere jobbies.

Beautiful sunny morning despite the bite in the air, well more of a nibble. Fairly quiet at The Lido, the colder it gets... More swimmers than wetsuits again.

Goggles are bloody massive, they cover half my face which is good because they keep the cold water off my skin, they may be so buoyant that they actually keep my head afloat, but that may not be quite true. They let a bit of water in on the first couple of lengths but they're OK, nearly sucked my eyes out of the sockets when I pulled them off.

I decide to swim 6 lengths, 10 maybe, actually managed 12, It's good to be alive.