Skip to main content

Cally Pool


Post work swim on a very chilly Tuesday evening.

Looks like they've smartened the place up a bit, could be wrong, it still looks pretty shabby, council estate chic, it's Cally Pool, you can't restore this place to it's former 1980s glory, it is what it is, ungentryfiable, unponcey.

Pool fairly empty, three massive lanes, well there were till I got in when it soon became four.  Had a slim lane all to myself till I got kicked out in favour a kid's swimming lesson, kid singular, small. Not been swimming much recently, felt a bit sluggish, sort of got there in the end, swam a Caledonian mile. Very enjoyable. I swam here  because you can get a swim for quid using splashpath vouchers, makes sound economic sense.

Managed to snap the elastic on my goggles, thank Zogg I had a spare pair.

Cycled home in the freezing cold with a freezing wet head cos the hairdryer was broken.