Skip to main content

Oasis


It's cold, it's very cold, that'll be the snow and the winter. There's no point whining over winter, it's Saturday morning. I love Saturdays and this Saturday is no exception. Bus to Oasis cos there's no Northern Line.

By the time I get to the poolside it's 12:01, afternoon swim. Hardly anyone in the steaming pool. Now the steam would imply the water's warm, nope, it's well chilly, whatever. Ploughed up and down, up and down, getting faster and stronger each length. I can't really keep up the rhythm, I've been really slack on my poolside duties recently.

A thoroughly decent swim is marred slightly by the man in aisle one who insists on doing butterfly. What is it about butterfly? Looks wrong, looks bloody difficult, no impossible. I can't do butterfly, maybe that's what it is. I'm not jealous, it looks silly and annoys people like me, well it slightly annoys me.

I love Oasis, especially on a Saturday.

Photo: Philip Wolmuth Photo Library