Skip to main content

Oasis


Saturday afternoon swim. Lovely day in London, sun is out, the snow and ice has all but melted. Still pretty cold tho', it's a quick dash from the door to the pool. Water is a stingy 26 degrees, so no messing about, jump straight in.

It's very, very quiet in the pool, in the speedo lane it's just me and a man with swimming paddles, he's steaming away, he overtakes me a lot, I try to keep out of his way. I feel tired as I ran with Parkrun Percy at Highbury Fields this morning, I feel virtuous, I'm considering doing only 30 lengths today. Paddleman retires leaving just me on my own in lane one, only two other people in the pool. So much space.

I finish my obligatory 60 lengths, I feel shattered, a swim too far? Just the seven mile cycle ride back to East Finchley. I've done a Triathlon Sprint today, well more of a Triathlon Meander. There's no fool like a pool fool.