Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Fields Lido


Water temp: 18 degrees

My sister met outside, we'd sort of agreed a time, neither of us stuck to it, we arrived at the same time.

She got in at the shallow end and waded, I dived in at the deep end. We exchanged pleasantries to each other as we passed.

Asthma's really bugging me this morning, mind is willing, chest needs a pair of water wings. I lose count of my lengths fairly quickly, I'm using GF's goggles this morning, they cloud up and slow me down, my sister catches me up and laps me. When we were little I used to beat her quite easily in swimming races (she's four years younger than me), till one day she came gliding passed me, I couldn't catch her, she was so happy, I've never forgotten the look on her face, I think that was at The Lido. She's a much better swimmer than me, I can beat her in a race these days but she still swims so gracefully.

We discussed the swimming style of the famous swimmer then went about our daily business.