Skip to main content

Highgate Men's Pond


Water temp: 20 degrees

Back to work today. Popped down to Covent Garden to get some new goggles. Now, I don't like wearing goggles in the ponds cos it's a bit murky and a bit scary, you don't really want to see what you're doing. However, new goggles are new goggles and must be tried out immediately and I haven't really given up hope of doing Pondathon on Sunday.

I just caught the very last rays of the setting sun as I arrived and it felt really good to be here. The water is warm but still refreshing. The goggles are great but a bit freaky. I swim a couple of lengths and a massive lap just in case I end up doing Pondathon on Sunday, three weeks in Spain has left me feeling a bit unfit and blown out.

Tinted blue goggles work really well in the chlorinated brick work of the Lido but suck out all the natural colour of The Men's Pond.

Bad news, summer is draining away, the pond now close at 7pm, must make the most of my time.