Skip to main content

PHISH


I was well chuffed to read the text from Jonathan inviting me on all expenses paid fishing/swimming trip to somewhere hot and exotic. I accepted his invite and immediately returned to the bar to order some cold, fizzy, celebratory drinks...

In the sobering, aching light of the next afternoon I reread my invite. I'd signed up for the Parliament Hill Ice Swimming Hootenanny. At least I got the swimming bit right. One length of my favourite pool with the fabulous Katie, Jonathan and Simon from The Swimmer

Anyway, the big day has arrived. I've been training all week (twice), I can keep my face in the water for nearly a whole length and the Lido water is a very balmy (sic) seven degrees. So, for the second time this week I'm handing over to Lady MacKatie from Entirely Covered In Eau d'Chlorine: Parliament Hill Icy Swim Hootenanny

We had a lot of fun. We came second. My leg of the relay is described as 'lusty'.