Skip to main content

Club Natación Martiánez, Tenerife

I've been hanging out at the outdoor Olympic sized swimming pool, home of Club Natación Martiánez.


It's a decent jog, most of it downhill, from my hotel to the pool. Entrance fee is only €2.50, I wonder what Spanish is for bargain? It's lunchtime so the pool is pretty deserted. I get changed quickly and bag myself a lane.


I swim 30 glorious lengths in the warm water under the sunny Tenerife sky. Bliss.

As I finish the pool quickly starts to fill up with the kings and queens of siestas. A kids' swimming lesson starts in lane eight and lane one is now an aqua disco kick your legs thing. The place literally comes alive. I thank myself for making the effort and start my jog back up the hill to my hotel.

Half way up the hill I spy this amazing sight, a piscina del mar.


I must swim there. The only problem is that it's private and looks abandoned. I shall return soon for a proper look/adventure.