Skip to main content

Highgate Men's Pond

Using my tinted goggles as a filter

Water temp: 16 degrees (felt warmer)
Bell's palsy: day 6

If you're going to test out your snorkel for an open water swim then the best place to do it is the Men's Pond.

OK, let's cut this short, the steroids are making me feel quite impatient today. The lifeguards were very caring and understanding and kept a vigilant eye on me, thank you. The swim was great, I ended swimming seven laps, that's about 2KM (I cut some fairly large corners). I would have liked to have swum more but I had to get home to see my son.

Maybe I'm feeling too confident about swimming on Sunday. Doubt, counter-doubt. I don't know. I'm bored of my stupid jokes about half smiles and semi-grins. I'll whistle a happy tune instead, guess not. This is where reality sets in.