Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Fields Lido



Water temp: 18 degrees
Bell's palsy: day 8

Thursday lunchtime swim on the way home from the doctors. After giving me the usual: 'And what do you expect me to do about it' look, Dr. Doctor was actually quite helpful this morning. He didn't actually advise me to do the Dart10K this weekend and he didn't tell me not to do it either, he just sat there with the fence wedged right up his backside. I hope he prescribes himself some cream for it.

Meanwhile the sun is shining on The Lido. There are a handful of regulars scattered about the place. I spend a while chatting to a lovely retired lady called Ruth from Gospel Oak. It really is a stunning day. Kitted out with my snorkel and nose clip I plough up and down the pool, barely raising my goggles to check out my surroundings. The Lido clock has stopped.

I have given myself until this evening to decide about the Dart10K.