Skip to main content

Highgate Men's Pond


Saturday morning post-Parkrun swim with Action Dan and James. I just managed a near personal Parkrun best. I run much better on 5 hours sleep and gallons of Camden Pale Ale sloshing round my head.

Landmark swim. I've been in the Men's Pond at least once a month since last March, I swam through the winter, I don't think I've been in an indoor pool since. With drunkenness comes bravery so it's straight off the springboard without a swimming cap. What a hero. Who needs paracetamol when you've got cold water.

My sister is in town, so it's off to the Workman's Cafe for breakfast. She's moved to East Sussex. We spent our childhood summers in Finchley or Parliament Hill Lido. We continued to meet at The Lido for early morning middle-aged swims under summer skies. I will miss spotting her Pashley bike sitting proudly outside. I will miss her laughing at my crap dives. She's moved to a town with a lido so it's not all bad.