Skip to main content

Highgate Men's Pond



Water temp: 13 degrees

It feels like it's been raining for days, the Heath is very damp and muddy. I think we had one shower of biblical proportions during the week which I was the intended recipient. Speaking of biblical, I'm at the Men's Pond with GB. He's well happy 'cos he just picked up his Parkrun 50 t-shirt. He's been waiting very patiently for it for months.

The water at edge of the pond is luminous green, like tinned pea soup but with extra algae. I'd best keep my mouth shut, say nothing, I didn't do it, I wasn't there. You can see the green shore in the photo.

Thirteen degrees my arse. The water feels very cold, and gnaws at my aching muscles, I manage to swim around the nearest buoy and back to the jetty. They'll be bringing the ropes in soon I reckon.

My mind and self have to be elsewhere, off to Olympia with my son, he wants to go to a language seminar. It's all Greek to me.