Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido


Cold, cloudy, rain, lovely. Home-from-home.

Saturday morning swim, first day of the 'summer season' apparently, no sign as of yet. Not heard a cuckoo either, there again I don't know if I ever have. At the time of writing we've just had the wettest April ever and May isn't looking much better. Cuckoo? Must be mad.


Lido is is unsurprisingly deserted apart from the workers who are busy putting out chairs for the book launch of: Taking the Waters: A Swim Around Hampstead Heath later on today. I've ordered a copy, more to follow...


Plumped for me figure hugging wetsuit suit today. Did someone say plump? Had to be zipped up the back, very saucy. Blooding freezing, really objected to the first six lengths, I could barely put my face in the water. This isn't really swimming, I'm not that warm either. I persevered to swim 20 lengths and the longest, hottest shower ever. Had to be helped out of my wetsuit, Velcro, what a palaver.

Scootered round me mate's after to watch my beloved Chelsea beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

Tied my Chelsea scarf to the back of my bike.

Hung up my wetsuit to dry. Hampstead Heath in the background of the photo, innit.