Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido

Lido
Water temperature: 20 degrees

Despite my late night with J, I'm at the Lido before 8am. Yes, I want a medal. Arranged to meet my middle sis but she's not here yet.

Looks like there was party here yesterday, litter, discarded Mint Feasts and fag butts everywhere. Staff busy themselves.

There are quite a few people in the water.

I've forgotten my goggles, borrow a pair from one of the staff, they're child's goggles, ridiculously small. I swim half a length, luckily my sister turns up with a spare pair, nice. We swim together, I'm struggling a bit, we stop and chat then swim some more before she heads off home. I lounge about on the side staring vacantly at the water, expertly avoiding the tumble-turners. Swim a few more lengths, I end up doing 21, not bloody bad. That's two medals someone owes me.

The chattering ladies have returned, shower caps an' all. Normality is resumed.

It's a beautiful morning. I award myself another medal for making the effort.