Skip to main content

Pells Pool Lewes


Water temperature: 17 degrees

First swim as a European Champion. Well done to my beloved Chelsea. Felt a bit rough round the edges, we had a few to celebrate. Luckily, Lewes has a very fine Lido 10 minutes from my sister's house...

Nice sunny walk to the pool. One man in already, water was clean and sparkling, not too cold but still took my breath away. T'other swimmer didn't last long, leaving me to glide languidly up and down the deserted pool. I was joined by three young ladies who screamed in shock/delight as they plunged in to the cold blue water.

My wonderful swim was going to come to an end soon as my feet and chest were starting to get cold, there's no point swimming if you're not enjoying it. Left the Lewes locals to it.

Joined my family in a cafe for greasiness and lousy coffee. Perfect.