Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido


I'm writing this post on my phone, sitting on the sun terrace outside the cafe at the Lido. Sun is shining. I'm about done shivering after swimming 16 lengths. Bloke reckoned it's 15.7 degrees, he's got a flash watch which he keeps in the water at the deep end. I would have swam more but my feet got really cold. Felt colder, said 14 degrees at the door. Mustn't grumble Mr Bumble.

Quite a few kids here today, could bring my son with me soon. Fountain is on, didn't think it was still working. Cafe is open, they're not doing much business. I brought a veggie curry in from home. Bit chilly when the sun goes behind the clouds. Caved in and scoffed some chocolate from the cafe. Flippin' quid for a kitkat. Saw me coming, heard my teeth chattering.

I loved my swim today.