Skip to main content

Highgate Men's Pond


Water temp: still 15ish

Saturday morning post-Parkrun swim. I'm very sweaty and my legs are covered in insect bites, a couple of the buggers have drawn blood. Despite all this I'm in a great mood, I think I've just run a personal best. I'm feeling a bit big-headed, so big-headed in fact that I split my swimming cap trying to pull it over my big bonce.

I stand for ages at the end of my springboard surveying my deserted kingdom. I can just about hear a barking dog in the distance. Otherwise it's just me and a few coots. I could stand here all day. The water is cool and refreshing, feels colder than yesterday. I don't stay in long, a few minutes at most, I've got loads to do today. I consider the forthcoming autumn and winter. I leave feeling happy and upbeat.