Skip to main content

The Swimmer London: The Return


It was one of those late summer Saturday mornings. I sat in Hampstead thinking I ate too much Mexican food last night, I'm just glad I didn't touch the tequila.

You can feel the enthusiasm of the other Swimmers, you hear it from the lips of the ironman priest himself. It's The Swimmer London: The Return, an aquatic odyssey through the sunny morning streets and swimming spots of my beloved London.

Three and a half hours, four swims and 13 miles later I run huffing and puffing through the gates of Brockwell Park, chafed but chuffed that I've completed another Swimmer.

Nobody does it better

Short film from @PeterSpringett



Watch the original film

Read the short story

That could be me diving off the springboard at Highgate Men's Pond.

Special mentions to Jonathan and Will, thank you.