Skip to main content

Parliament Hill Lido


Water temp: 15 degrees

Thursday morning post crumpet with Marmite, pre-work swim. The pool is empty, yes empty, devoid of rubber swimming hats and any other lifeforms. Then the sun comes out. I took this picture to prove how wonderful it all is.

It takes me a very long time to get my act together and finally be in a position to even think about getting in the water. I dip a tentative foot in the water, it's not that cold, I jump straight in, I hardly gasp. I've set myself a very realistic target of 10 lengths. I quickly get my breathing and my strokes together, folks this really is a lovely swim, I could swim forever. OK, 16 almost forever lengths later and I'm finished. One fat hot shower later and it's almost the perfect start to the day. Shame I have to go to work.